July 5, 2009

The Introduction

Hello All,


Welcome to my blog and thanks for stopping by. I figured I should write a little something about why I've started this new blog of mine. I started this blog for four reasons.

1. I love to travel and I want to share all that I learn from my travels with more than just my friends and family. I feel that travel can teach you so much about yourself and how the world around you works that if you don't do at least a little bit of traveling you can't understand the world and your place in it on a grand scale.

2. I have a couple of big trips coming up very soon and I want to share the experiences that I've been having with those closest to me that I've left behind on my new adventures. My family and I will be heading to Charleston, SC this summer and I will be studying abroad in Spain in summer 2010 and I'm hoping to see a little bit more of Europe.

3. I want to keep a record of where I've been and what I've done and seen just for me. Without the stories you don't have much to tell, and I think this will be a great way to keep a record.

4. Finally, as you can see in my blog description my dream job is to be a travel journalist.

When I tell people that I am double majoring in Spanish and Journalism most people look at me funny and ask me "what are you going to do with that, become a Spanish journalist or something?"

The answer I give is usually "something like that."

I usually just walk away after that because when people hear what my dream job is they give me some funny looks like I'm crazy or something, and you do get kind of tired of it after awhile.

What people don't hear from me in the "something like that" response is that I love going to new places and learning new things, and I also am very fond of learning about other cultures. Plus, if I know spanish I'll be able to communicate with a larger population of people. I think a lot of my inspiration for my dream job came from the trips that my family and I take every summer. We've been to 40 of the 50 states together and every time we come home we learn more about others and ourselves and it's always a wonderful experience. We're the kind of family that needs a vacation from our vacation because we do so many things while we are on our trip.

Though my trips are few and far between, as I'm a full-time college student, and my family and I can only get so much time together I hope to update this blog on a regular basis. Whether that is with links to different sites or articles, plans for my trips, stories from past trips, or just some fun facts that I've found about other places in the world. So, if you like to learn new things, and love to travel, this is the blog for you to follow.

I'll try to be as regular as possible, and I apologize, in advance if my schoolwork gets in the way of updating.

Until Then,
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment