August 14, 2011

There's a new adventure to report

Hey all!

Apologies for the latest hiatus. Freelancing work, school, and internship prep have been keeping me on my toes this summer so I have been a bit neglectful of this blog. But there is a new adventure to report.

 Yes, you read that right, a journalism internship, and one abroad at that.

I will be leaving the U.S. in a few short days to finish my last requirement before college graduation. The internship is at an English-based media group in Santiago, Chile. The media group is called I love Chile and I am extremely excited to get started:


  • Writing daily news briefs (morning and evening) for online news and radio broadcasts
  • Writing TV scripts for a weekly newscast
  • Writing short news articles for online news, on a variety of topics
  • Attending press conferences and events 
  • Conducting interviews and writing articles for their print edition 


If that isn't a journalism intern's version of Nirvana I don't know what is. The other part, the opportunity to use my Spanish on a daily basis and live with another, seemingly wonderful host family, is simply the cherry on top. I couldn't think of a better combination of my majors for my last semester of school, though I will admit the pre-trip jitters have started to kick in today.

Hours of research and planning for this 3-month opportunity over the summer will finally come to fruition on Aug. 19 when I fly out of Minneapolis.

So, keep your eyes peeled and watch for updates, I don't know if I'll have really reliable internet yet so I'll update as much as I can. The goal is to blog at least once a week so you all know that I'm still alive, and I can show you another side of the world from a more personal angle.

Until next time,
Avery Cropp

No comments:

Post a Comment