May 25, 2014

Paris, in Pictures

Sunset in Paris (Photo by Avery Cropp)
So, I've been trying to figure out how to write this entry for the past couple of days. But I've done so much here that I don't think I could write something that's not a book. You see, Paris is a place that is hard to put down in words. It's so beautiful that everything falls short of explanation. That's the problem with language sometimes, it's limiting, and this is coming from a long-time writer. So, since a picture is supposedly worth 1,000 words, I've picked the 17 best photos that I think can walk you through my trip here, scroll on down to see this city through my camera lens.



The Metro 
Travel around Paris is done by metro, and it's a pretty easy system to figure out.
I'd recommend buying a week-long pass for 30 Euro if you're there for that long.
 If not, buy another type of pass from the info desk or make sure you have a card that has a
chip and pin combination or else getting tickets to get on the metro can be a pain.
 (Photo by Avery Cropp)
The Eiffel Tower
Now, you know you're in Paris when you take far too many photos of the Eiffel Tower
and don't know what you're going to do with them all. These are three of my favorites.
I did go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, simply because it was on my bucket list for Paris,
but I don't know if I'd spend the 15 Euros again.
You spent more time waiting in lines than actually getting a good look out of the top of the tower.
Though the view is incredible.  (Photos by Avery Cropp)

Notre Dame





 
 
Notre Dame is the most beautiful cathedral I have ever been to.
The view from the Love Lock Bridge (top)
 the statues on the front of the cathedral, St. Dennis in particular,
 the rose windows and the gorgeous interior make you just stop and stare.
 It's also very beautiful at night as the last picture shows. (Photo by Avery Cropp)
Versailles


If you want to see the very definition of royal opulence go to Versailles. The home to famous royals such as Marie Antoinette and King Louis XIV will have your jaw dropping to the floor when you walk in. The gardens are great for a walk and the inside gives you a look at what life was like for royalty pre-revolution here in France. (Photos by Avery Cropp)



Museums
 
 
 

The Louvre is a must-do when you go to Paris, it's beautiful and the collections are extensive.
The best thing to do is pick three exhibits that you really want to see and go see them,
otherwise history nerds, like me, could spend an entire day wandering around and seeing their collection.
A walking tour guide of mine said that you could spend 7 days  straight looking at all the collections
 if you gave each piece a minute of your time. 
I'd also recommend the Musee d'Orsay,
there's no photography allowed there though so I don't have pictures from there.
(Photos by Avery Cropp)


 

Well, that's all for now I think.
Until next time,
Avery Cropp



No comments:

Post a Comment