August 1, 2010

I've been trying to find this for awhile

I'm big into quotes. After life-forming experiences I usually find something that can express my thoughts much better than I can ever express them myself. Words usually never fail me but during these times of reflection I find myself beyond words. The only word I have found to describe my experience in Spain has been "Amazing!" but that doesn't seem to suffice.

I found this on a friend's facebook profile, it's from a book that I have yet to read but it sums up what I've learned from Spain much better than I ever could put into words.

"You can kiss your family and friends good-bye, and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you." -Fredrick Buechner (from 'The Shack')

"because we do not just live in a world but a world lives in us."

How amazing is that?

Keep an eye out for updates: my family and I are heading out on our annual road trip on Aug. 8th. This year's destination: Seattle, Washington with possible stops in Oregon and a day in Vancouver. I'll update when I can.

Until Next Time,
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment