June 29, 2010

24-hours of Barcelona Mayhem

June 26, 2010


We got up at 5 to catch our flight at 7:40. I had some trouble getting to sleep because travelling always makes me a little nervous so I probably got just a few hours of sleep. I slept on the plane though so that gave me a little more time. We got to Madrid-Barajas at 6 and I printed off my ticket and we headed into the terminal. I got stopped by security because I forgot to take my metal clip out of my hair. We got on the plane and then we got to Barcelona at 8:50 a.m. and that's when the clock started. I had 24-hours exactly because my plane left at 8:50 a.m. on Sunday morning.




What an experience!


What an experience! Our first stop after we checked into our hostel was to go to Parq Güell which is where some of Antoni Gaudi's works are. It was so cool! I couldn't believe that I was there! I kept telling myself that I was in Gaudi park just so that I'd believe it! Since everyone I've talked to has no idea what I'm talking about I'll put up some pictures.




It was so beautiful and there were tons of gardens that we walked through as well. Here we met up with Merissa's friends who are super nice. I had a fun time hanging out with them.
We went to Sagrada Familia after we met up with them which was also a very cool experience.

never in my life did I ever think I would be here. It's amazing! It's so amazing that I've been able to have this experience.

After Sagrada familia we had lunch, hit the beach, and then headed back to the hostel to change for the night. we went for tapas, and some drinks and then I went home around 1 since I had my flight early in the morning the next day. Of course, knowing me, I met some more people from Europe and the States and talked to them for an hour before I did get to bed.

4 hours later I got up, packed up, checked out and headed back to the airport.

An amazing 24 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment