June 12, 2010

All night into the morning

Last night was a total blast!

I hung out with some friends from Sweden, and we went to a local bar, which turned out to be a gay bar (I don't think that the guys knew that so it was a bit humorous) After that we went to El Museo de Jamón which is this store with nothing but ham hanging from the rafters and had a platter of ham and a beer.

After that our group went to a discoteca here called Kapital. It's huge and has 7 floors with different music on each one. After a little exploration we picked floor one to stay on and dance which was all rock music. It was great! There were dancers and lots of people. At 30 minute intervals they blast a wind/fog machine down at the dance floor which makes dancing more tolerable. The machine is conveniently timed to go off just as everyone is starting to think about leaving. And the air is cold so it refreshes you. Toward the end of the night a drummer came out and pounded out some AMAZING beats as balloons fell from the ceiling. Totally worth the 12 euro cover charge. I had a wonderful time.

Merissa and I left at about 3:30 a.m. took a taxi home and conquered the door which was kind of a big deal since we've had so many problems with it lately.

We slept for a few hours and then woke up bright and early at 7:30 a.m. to go to school where we hopped a bus and headed toward Toledo. Needless to say I totally slept on the bus ride there.

Toledo is a place where in the past Christians, Muslims, and Jews all lived side by side for centuries, kind of like the Jerusalem today minus the violence, for a couple of centuries at least. We saw a Catholic Cathedral, a Synagogue, and a monastery with Islamic influence in the architecture.

They were all very beautiful but it was super frustrating because with all the beauty they didn't allow for good photos to happen. A.K.A. No Flash, or no photos period. That's one thing I hate about Madrid. Around here photography is practically outlawed. Anyway, after that we did some shopping, hung out with some new people that we met today who also go to school with us and came home.

Dinner tonight should be delicious. And then hopefully my host-mom has the channel I need to watch the USA v. England match because right now it's way too cold and rainy to leave the house and I'm pretty exhausted from last night, and if I'm going anywhere I'll be sitting since my feet still hurt from dancing the night away.

Tomorrow, weather permitting; we go to El Rastro a flea market that happens every Sunday. If all else fails, we play Metro Roulette, at least that's what I'm hoping for. I'm off to do homework, but I'll write soon.

Until Next Time,
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment