June 6, 2010

Best. Surprise. Ever.

So, I woke up this morning to the best surprise ever! My SeƱora, Manuela, is supposed to have 3 girls living here this month. One of them had called late last night and said that she would be here in the morning because she had missed her flight and was going to spend the night in a hotel.

So, 8:00 a.m. rolls around and I was still sleeping when the buzzer goes off in the house letting Manuela know that someone is at the front door. It goes off three times because Manuela was sleeping and didn't hear it, and I certainly wasn't going to answer the door. Manuela gets to the door and opens it, and then I hear a semi-familiar voice but I thought I was hearing things because the person that I thought I heard was supposed to be at another house.

I waited until the person entered the house and went on a tour with Manuela and then snuck to the bathroom. No reason to scare my new roommate on the first day I'm here right?

Then I heard them talking and the person mentions my name, and I thought that I was going crazy because Merissa was NOT supposed to be here.So, curiosity got the best of me and I opened the bathroom door that connects to my other roommates bedrooms, and lo and behold there is Merissa, my friend from school, standing there in the middle of the room! You have no idea how excited I was to see a familiar face! It's going to be a great month.

¡Que Suerte! The travel gods are with me!
Until next time,Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment