June 29, 2010

last week

Hello all!

So what is there to update you on since the 22nd. I've been busy so I apologize for the bloglessness.

Weds. June 23:I felt like a local today because I heard some people talking in English, and they were completely confused about where to take the metro in Madrid. So I helped them find their way! I was quite proud of myself. There were a couple of other ladies from England who were also confused about if they were on the right line. I told them we were and then we talked for the whole time while we waited for the train to show up. I didn't know their names but it was cool to make a connection, however briefly.

This afternoon we went to Museo Sorolla with school. This was really cool because it was a museum that used to be the actual artist's house so it was cool to see how he lived while he was alive. He paid great attention to light and color, and his works are absolutely amazing!

Merissa and I went for chocolate con churros at San Gines after the tour and they were just as good as everyone said they were supposed to be. After this we went to see the movie Robin Hood with Manuela. She really loves us. She told me as we were waiting for Merissa that she hadn't been to a movie since her husband had died. They used to go to the theater every weekend. He's been dead for some time. So I felt honored that she chose us to go back to the theater. She was super cute she got all dolled up to go out with us and even put on some make-up. She's a very beautiful lady.

Viktoria and Mikaela invited us to celebrate Midsömmer, a swedish festival, with them on Friday.

Thursday June 24:We went to a bar, Ojos Negros, with school tonight and it was fun to hang out with some people from school. It was an open bar for Sampere so it was a lot of fun. As we left the bar this huge thunderstorm blew up and Merissa and I got drenched on our walk home. But it was a fun experience anyway.

Until next time,
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment