June 10, 2010

Sorry for the bloglessness....

School so far has been great. I love my lit and history classes like nothing else. The professors are super nice and I love that my afternoon is spent with my nose in a book, and I don't have to think as hard as I did in Alicante because conversation and grammar is intense. But it seems to be getting easier for me to communicate so that's a big plus.

Let's see, what have I done this week?

Yesterday I went to El Museo del Prado with school. The works are absolutely stunning but I wish school would've let us walk around more and discover things for ourselves. I love art, but I really don't need Leticia talking to me for 20 minutes about something that I can see for myself. We saw only 2 artists of the however many they have in the museum so I was a bit disappointed. But, I saw Velazquez's Meninas and Goya's Saturno (look it up since I can't seem to find one that will fit really nicely in my blog).


Above is Velazquez's Meninas. His work is absolutely beautiful but Goya was one twisted dude. His stuff is super scary, like psychopathic scary, but that was the point since his artist statement was mainly about the horrors of war.

Merissa and I went out with some friends from school for a couple of hours last night. There was a "free" entrance thing at a local club, but it turned out that it wasn't free. But if you paid 5 Euro you get to drink as much sangria juice as you like. (I say juice because it wasn't very good) That's okay though. It was fun hanging out with people from school and we met a bunch of guys from Portugal there who hung out with us as well, and one of them could dance! So it was fun. That's about it for my adventures for now. This weekend we go to Toledo with school!

Until Next time,
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment