June 4, 2010

Madrid Bound

My bags are packed, my train ticket is purchased, and I’m off to Madrid at 10:30 tomorrow morning. I have 30 days until I wake up in my bed at home in the U.S. It hardly seems like enough time.

I've been google-mapping the address where I will be living and I am very excited about the area around it. There are parks, it is near Palacio Real, and just across the street from Los Jardínes de Sabatini which all look gorgeous!

Today was a weird day. I went between so many emotions that I felt like I was on a rollercoaster. I was happy when I woke up because it was a beautiful day, I was sad as I was walking around the city with Concha knowing that it would be one of the last times we would spend together during this trip, I got angry at the sun for giving me sunstroke cutting my time at the beach short and making me feel like fainting on the walk back from the beach, and I was excited because I'm going on A TRAIN tomorrow!

Yeah, I'm a total freak that I'm excited about trains. You'd be excited too if you've never taken one before. Yup that's right I'm going to be that girl, the girl who takes pictures at the train station like a freak. I'll own it and be proud though. It'll be a good day tomorrow.

We went to a couple churches this afternoon and went inside. They were very pretty but the pictures didn't turn out as well as I wanted them to. For some reason the churches here do not like my camera.

After the churches we went to the city hall and saw all of the beautiful things there. There is a sculpture by Dali that is very cool, the flag of Alicante is up on a huge wall in the middle of a gigantic room, and there are so many other lovely things to see that I could've stayed there for a half-hour and not been bored.

After city hall we went to Postiguet for awhile, and I definitely overheated. Not enough water and too much walking will do that to you but its okay I'm much better now. I came home and did the old softball trick where you put coldish water all over yourself to cool down and drank a whole bunch of water so I'm fine now. But when you're walking home telling yourself you're not allowed to faint it's a little bit scary.

It's a good thing that Concha was there, she kept talking to me all the way back so I had to think and not let my brain disengage. I've been e-mailing and Facebooking like a fiend tonight so that I make sure to talk to everyone I can before I get to my new house, since I don't know if the owner has internet or not. I'll be on for awhile; I've got some more stuff to pack, so you should get in touch with me!

Until next time,
Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment