May 25, 2010

Better day

The day started out pretty horribly. My phone couldn't reach my card company to see what was wrong with it, then I didn't have anymore minutes on my phone after those calls, my drawer fell on my foot, and the shower was cold.

But after I went and bought my TRAIN TICKET to Madrid in person at the station and used all spanish it got better.

We had a wonderful lunch and then went to class.

In class we learned more subjunctive and overall I understood it.

Then on the way home I found a gift for my dad, which has been nearly impossible as he already has everything. A man was sitting on the sidewalk of Maissonnave (the shopping district), he was an older man, and looked homeless and was making these beautiful things in the middle of the sidewalk. It was amazing. I was so impressed, but I'm not going to tell you what it was because then it will spoil the surprise for my dad, because I'm sure he has spies here. lol.

Then we had a lovely dinner, and I talked with Concha for awhile about life in general. And asked her for tips about what to do in Madrid as she's lived there before and I got a whole notebook page of information.

Now I'm watching a spanish soap opera with Roberto. It's quite interesting.

Until Next Time,
Avery

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell my bank I was going overseas---betcha I had a rougher time than you! ;P

    Anyway, I am interested to hear what things Concha told you to do in Madrid!! Anything in common with my recommendations?

    ReplyDelete