May 9, 2010

Un Dia Muy Bonita




Today was a beautiful day weather-wise and otherwise.






You'd like it here dad, it's completely acceptable to have jelly and butter on your toast in the morning. I had that, and some leche con chocolate (chocolate milk). It was delicious and I didn't think that It would last me until lunch at 2:30 but it did.




Alexi and I went for a walk with our Senora after breakfast. She pointed out trees and cool things while we walked. I saw my first olive tree which was cool.




Our Senora knew of an art exhibit that was going on and we went to see it. the Artist was a painter Emilio Valera his paintings were very beautiful. All of the paintings were of places in and around Alicante. The colors were so beautiful and it was a wonderful thing to go see.




We walked down toward the beach on el Moll de Costa and we walked past the port of Alicante which had all kinds of boats from all over parked in it. Our Senora pointed out the Castillo Santa Barbara and told us about it's history.




We got to the beach and we sat for a long time just people watching and enjoying the sound of the ocean. There was a kite festival going on so we saw that as well the kites were really cool and I liked watching them float in front of a backdrop of terra cotta buildings and palm trees.


On the way back we walked on the Explanada which is a beautiful walkway in Alicante with tiles of orange, cream and black. It's also lined by palm trees.


On our way back we walked by a Fiesta De Andalucia which is a celebration for all of those people that have moved from Andalucia to Alicante. They were dressed traditionally and the colors and energy coming from the people was something that I have yet to see in the U.S. it was so cool!
We had lunch and I had a 2 hour siesta which was fantastic! Then we went for another walk. Apparently we looked pretty awesome because we had a couple of guys whistle and blow kisses at us. Saying "Chicas guapas!" I just laughed because I definitely didn't think I was that good looking after having a greasy face all day because of my suntan lotion but it was still fun.
Most of my pictures are on Facebook. It's been difficult getting them onto here. I'm working on getting some on to flickr but when I do I'll give you a link.
I start school tomorrow.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Buenas noches,
Avery

4 comments:

  1. After only spending few days in Spain, I understand you are going through a lot of changes as your awareness of differences and greatness elsewhere is increasing.
    I am also happy you understand that second language learning is very complex. You remember you review my presentation for the Rhode Island Conference and you came up with some inconsistencies that were more cultural than language issues or that these inconsistencies were the result of my French influence on the target language. I like the way you express all this "at first, i understand whatever they said but i lacked vocabulary to express myself" and more they speak fast too. You will get adjusted soon.
    Enjoy your time and invest yourself more in all activities, i mean use all the resources available to you. Do not forget what i told you about my independent learning strategies that go beyond the ordinary classroom context.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does " Chicas guapas!" mean? LOL. Your blog is very good, feel like I'm reading a novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spelled some words wrong that's why it's deleted "chicas guapas" means beautiful girls in spanish.

    ReplyDelete