May 15, 2010

A Lovely day in Alicante

We didn't go to the beach because it was too windy but hopefully the weather is better tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me the beach we're going to is supposed to be very beautiful.

So the movie last night was fun. Like I said we went out with Roberto and some of his friends. I met some new people so that was cool. The movie was in Spanish and it was dubbed over so it was really weird to see Russell Crowe on Screen but not hear his voice. But I understood the whole movie which was the coolest thing ever. I was pretty proud of myself.

Story time: Before the movie we were waiting for his friends to show up so we were just hanging out and chatting and there were two little girls, probably about 7 or 8 years-old, who were climbing on the outside ledge of the stairs there. Alexi and I were worried so we told them to get down but they needed help so Roberto helped them down. Then they asked us where we were from and we told them so they started asking us what the words in English were from Spanish it was cute. The one girl was nice but the other girl was a spoiled brat. We didn't go out after the movie because we were tired and wanted to go to bed so Roberto walked us back.

This morning we woke up around 9 a.m. and had breakfast. Then Concha took us to El Mercadillo which is the Spanish version of a farmer's market. There were so many colors and the fruit was the best that I had ever tasted. Very sweet, very juicy, and delicious to the last bite.

Concha volunteers with her church to help people run errands when they can't. She had to run some errands for some other people and Alexi and I tagged along. We met the first lady but the second lady preferred that only Concha come up to her house so Alexi and I waited in a park nearby until she got done at that house. While we waited a parade started. We didn't know that that was what it was so we missed it by a couple minutes so unfortunately I don't have any pictures. What we saw of the costumes was beautiful though. We ran some other errands and got back about 1.

I took a nap because I was super tired. We had lunch, and then Alexi and I went shopping. I got some new shoes that are super cute! I deserve them after getting three A's and a B for my 18 credits this past semester so the purchase is legit. Alexi isn't feeling all that well so we just stuck around the house tonight. Hopefully she feels better soon so we can enjoy the Spanish night-life. Anyway, I'm going to bed.

Buenas Noches
until next time! Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment