May 16, 2010

A perfect day at the beach...despite the wind



We went to Playa San Juan today.

It was gorgeous and I had fun walking up and down the beach. There were lots of people which equaled lots of people watching for me. It was perfect. We had our sandwiches, the sun, the good weather and a slight breeze and then the wind kicked up.

I experienced my first windstorm today.

It was so crazy everything was great then all of a sudden Mother Nature decided that she didn't want people crowding her beaches in Alicante. The wind was probably about 40 miles an hour. Do you know when you look behind you on a really hot day on the beach and the few inches above the sand are radiating heat and making it all cloudy? Yeah it was like that but the sand was being whipped around. I had an inch on my towel and I couldn't find it when we packed up to go a little bit later. I had just stood up. It was nuts, and the whole coast was like this. Concha said that this was the weirdest thing she'd ever seen before in her life.
We took a long walk home after that and just got back an hour ago.
Other than that it was nice. I got some color and hung out with my host family today so I call it a successful day.
Back to school tomorrow.
Until next time,
Avery

1 comment:

  1. Hi Avery, I enjoy reading and hope you gonna write something like the Avery's travel with in mind the Gulliver Travels.

    ReplyDelete